Okavango International School (OIS) has served the community of Maun, Botswana and surrrounding nations since 1991. The school (originally called Ngamiland Christian Academy) offers a well-rounded, faith-based educational experience. Since its inception, its mission has been to challenge and inspire young people to maximize their academic potential in an environment that nurtures Christ-like character. The school's ultimate goal is that the students will influence their world through inspired Christian-based leadership, both now and in the future.
OIS is an international primary and secondary with over 400 day students and 70+ boarding students. Sixty-five percent (65%) of the students are Batswana from Maun and other parts of Botswana. The remaining thirty-five percent (35%) are from other African nations, Europe, Asia, the USA and beyond. The teaching staff reflects a similar diversity. To add to the opportunity for the expansion of students' perspective and world-view, interns and volunteers from around the world come to the school to mentor and instruct as they work with students through sports, music, art, special needs support and more.
In addition to academic, sports and extramural offerings, students are afforded life skills training that gives them opportunities and challenges that allow them to put their faith into action through participation in benevolence projects in and around Maun. We believe that this training in leadership which is founded on strong Biblical values gives our students a great advantage as they pursue their life's calling. When they leave OIS, they are equipped to have a major impact on their community, their nation and the world. Visit the Okavango International School website to find out more.